Types of Personal Information We Collect.
Personal Identification Information
Personal identification information, as described in US privacy law and information security, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web Browser Cookies
Other Information We Collect
In order to meet your needs in the course of tax preparation, tax and financial planning, tax compliance, accounting, audit, bookkeeping, and other engagements, we collect various types of personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information that we receive from you when we meet with you in person or over the telephone, when you send us information by mail or email, on tax preparation worksheets or other documents used in preparing your tax returns or in providing other services to you. Such information may include, for instance, your name, address, birth date, social security number, income and investment sources and amounts, and other tax and financial attributes about you.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others. Such information may include, for instance, investment allocations and performance, investment objectives, parties to transactions, account balances, and payment history.
- Information we receive from you, or send to you, at your request if you contact us online. We will retain the information you provide us to deliver email messages to you. We may retain the content of your email messages, your email address, and our subsequent response to you.
Parties To Whom We Disclose Information
As a general rule, we do not disclose personal information about our present or past clients to anyone. However, to the extent permitted by law and applicable state Code of Professional Conduct, certain non-public information about you may be disclosed in the following circumstances:
- To our employees, and in limited situations, to unrelated third parties who need to know certain information to assist us in providing services to you
- To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons
- In the course of a review of our firm’s practices under the authorization of a state or national licensing board, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a licensing board or organization
- As part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record
- In conjunction with a prospective purchase, sale, or merger of all or part of our practice, provided that we take appropriate precautions (for example, through a written confidentiality agreement) so the prospective purchaser or merger partner does not disclose information obtained in the course of the review
- To provide information to affiliates of the firm and non-affiliated third parties who perform consultation, support, marketing or other services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you. Examples of such disclosures include using an outside service bureau to process tax returns, engaging a records-retention agency to store prior year records, hiring a marketing company to provide market research and mailings services, etc. For your protection, our agreements with these entities require that they also keep your personal information in the strictest of confidence, just as we do.
- To improve customer service – Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To improve our Site – we may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To send periodic emails. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
Protecting the Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Your Acceptance Of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Any information on this website herein are not intended or written by the author to be used, and it cannot be used by any taxpayer, (i) for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Our Commitment To You
Our professional ethical obligations and responsibilities demand the highest regard and duty toward the confidentiality of your personal information and security of your privacy. We will protect your personal information, use it appropriately, and accomplish our engagements with you in such manner as to always maintain your trust and confidence.
Thank you for allowing us to serve your accounting, tax, and financial planning needs. We value your business and are committed to protecting you privacy. We hope you view our firm as your most trusted advisor and we will work to continue earning your trust. Please call us if you have any questions or if we can be of further service.
Tavola Accounting LLC
2045 W Grand Ave, Ste B
Chicago IL 60612-1577
Updated: June 27, 2023